Posts for tag: invisalign
“Am I too old for braces?” This is a question that our Cordova, TN, dentist, Dr. Jason Botts, hears often and fortunately enough, the answer is a resounding, "Of course not!" While braces are often associated with youth, the truth of the matter is, adults can still fix their poorly aligned teeth and bites with braces, and in some cases, they can even procure a straighter smile with the help of Invisalign.
Invisalign is a clear orthodontic system that uses transparent, custom-fitted trays that fit over your upper and lower teeth to shift teeth into their proper place. These aligners can be removed before meals and before brushing and flossing, but the rest of the time you will want to wear your aligners if you want to see results.
What Invisalign Treats
We know that most adults want to avoid metal braces, which is why our Cordova, TN, dentist is happy to offer the Invisalign system to both older teens and adults. However, even though Invisalign can handle more issues than ever before, it still has its limitations. If there are issues that require very complex or significant jaw shifting or tooth rotation, then traditional braces are going to be more effective in treating these issues than Invisalign.
Some Things You Should Know
Here are some useful facts that you should know about Invisalign to help you decide whether this is right for you,
- While transparent aligners may cause less irritation than metal braces can the truth is that both will require an adjustment period. After all, they both apply pressure to the teeth in order to shift them, so there can be a slight amount of discomfort especially in the very beginning.
- Invisalign is great for teens and adults but it isn’t right for children because their teeth are still growing.
- Invisalign may be able to treat certain adult cases faster than traditional braces; however, length of treatment for both Invisalign and traditional braces is about the same for teens.
Interested? Give Us a Call
Want to find out if your smile is the ideal candidate for Invisalign treatment? Then call Botts Dental Spa in Cordova, TN, today at (901) 737-2200 to schedule a consultation with your dentist, Dr. Botts!
Choosing the best cosmetic dentistry procedure may seem hard given all the options available. Luckily, your dentist can help you choose the best treatments to improve your smile and help you look and feel great. Find out more about some common dental services provided by Botts Dental Spa in Cordova, TN with Dr. Jason Botts.
One of the most dramatic ways to change the appearance of your smile for the better is with orthodontic treatment. However, you may feel as though traditional metal braces will force you to compromise your style during treatment due to their highly obvious nature. Luckily, you can now straighten your smile without the hassle of metal in your mouth with Invisalign. Invisalign uses clear plastic aligner trays to move your teeth into their final positions, allowing you to correct your smile without giving up your look.
Dental implants replace missing teeth permanently and efficiently using a surgical procedure. During the implant process, your dentist implants a small, titanium post into the bone underneath your gap to serve as your missing tooth’s replacement root. This keeps the bone stimulated, decreasing the risk of bone atrophy and the side effects that come with it. Additionally, the bone’s natural healing process allows it to grow around the post, making it a permanent part of your smile. A dental crown fits on top of the post to replace the missing tooth and fill in your gap.
With your teeth straightened and your gaps filled, you may want to give your smile an additional boost with a professional teeth whitening session. This procedure provides fast and dramatic results in just a single, hour-long dental visit. Before undergoing a teeth whitening session, your teeth should be free of tooth decay and gum disease. Additionally, patients should understand that teeth whitening is not permanent and most people require touch-up appointments once a year to maintain the color of their teeth.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Cordova, TN
For more information on cosmetic dentistry or other dental procedures, please contact Dr. Jason Botts at Botts Dental Spa in Cordova, TN and serving the Collierville, TN and Eastern Memphis, TN areas. Call (901) 737-2200 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Botts today!
Have you thought about braces, but decided against them due to having metal take over your mouth? In the past, the only way to straighten teeth was with traditional metal braces. However, there is now a way to straighten teeth without all the hassle and metal. With Invisalign, you can discreetly straighten you teeth and correct bite problems.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a custom-made series of clear aligner trays worn in succession until the teeth are moved into their desired positions. The next tray in the series is worn approximately every two weeks, depending on your treatment plan. The amount of aligner trays in the series is dependent on the severity of your orthodontic health.
Reasons To Consider Invisalign
- Aesthetics: The most popular reason to choose Invisalign over traditional braces is that Invisalign is clear. Your trays can also be removed for special events, like pictures or prom.
- Comfort: Made from soft but sturdy plastic, Invisalign is custom-made for your mouth. This ensures the perfect fit with no sharp wires or metal brackets to cut or rub the inside of your mouth.
- Confidence: Many people, especially older teens and adults, consider traditional braces embarrassing. Invisalign’s clear aligner trays eliminate that embarrassment. Straightening your teeth boosts confidence. Additionally, you can show off your changing smile while wearing the clear aligner trays.
- Health: Teeth become much harder to clean while wearing traditional braces. Special flossers must be threaded between each bracket and wire to floss. There are also many more crevices and hard-to-reach places for decay-causing bacteria to grow in. Invisalign is simply removed before brushing, allowing you to clean your teeth just as efficiently as you could before braces.
Is Invisalign right for me?
The easiest way to determine if Invisalign is right for you is to consult with your dentist. If you have misaligned, overlapping or slightly twisted teeth, or bite issues such as overbite, underbite or crossbite, Invisalign could be your best option. Experts recommend Invisalign for teens and adults. Invisalign is not usually suitable for children under 12. In severe cases of misalignment or bite problems, Invisalign may not be able to help, as more in depth orthodontic treatment is needed.
For more information on Invisalign, please contact Dr. Jason Botts at Botts Dental Spa in Cordova, TN. Call (901) 737-2200 to schedule a consultation today!
Four Benefits of Invisalign Over Traditional Braces
- Improved oral hygiene – Since Invisalign is removable, you can clean your teeth as you normally would.
- A discreet look – Invisalign makes it seem as though nothing is on your teeth. This is great for pictures and daily work activities. If a situation occurs where you need to talk clearly, just take them out for the short amount the time.
- No dietary limits – With traditional braces, it can be difficult to eat certain foods like popcorn and certain candies. With Invisalign, just take them out and you can enjoy your favorite foods.
- Comfort – Invisalign is made of a thin, flexible material, which will not irritate soft tissues of the mouth. Metal braces are known to irritate gums and can also run inside the lips.