While the focus of general dentistry involves the prevention and treatment of tooth and gum complications, the primary focus of cosmetic dentistry is improving your smile and the appearance of your teeth. Cordova, TN, residents can make the most of a wide range of cosmetic dental procedures thanks to Dr. Jason Botts and his team at Botts Dental Spa.
Cosmetic Dental Services
Here are five of the most common cosmetic dental procedures:
- Professional teeth whitening: Professional teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures for Cordova, TN, dental patients. It’s a simple process that takes less than an hour, so you can do it on your lunch break. Teeth whitening can improve the color of your teeth by several shades.
- Composite bonding: Bonding is a simple but effective dental procedure that can be used to repair any minor issues such as small chips or cracks in your teeth. After removing any decay or damaged areas from your teeth, your dentist will then apply the bond or composite and shape it to look like your natural teeth.
- Dental Implants: Implants provide the most durable and permanent way to replace missing teeth. The procedure involves the implantation of a titanium post into your jawbone. An abutment is added to the post and a prosthetic tooth called a crown is cemented to the abutment.
- Porcelain veneers: Veneers are thin porcelain sleeves that are fixed over the front of a tooth. They can be used to fix misshapen, discolored, or damaged teeth.
- Onlays and Inlays: These types of restorations are created in a lab to match the shape, size, and color of your natural teeth. Inlays and onlays are used to protect and strengthen a tooth that has been severely damaged by tooth decay.
If you’re considering your cosmetic dentistry options in Cordova, TN, call Dr. Botts at (901) 737-2200 to schedule an appointment.